English pattern by LeafsCreations. Includes step-by-step pictures.
Tapestry crochet pattern for iPad, Samsung tablet or e-reader. Adjustable to the dimensions of your own tablet or e-reader (instructions and spreadsheet included).
Make your own unique tablet case with leopard design! Adjustable to your own tablet or e-reader.
Extensive PDF crochet pattern to make a tablet case with the tapestry crochet technique. The pattern is written step by step and illustrated with photo's (see for an impression the 4th photo). The written pattern is designed primarily for an iPad 2/3/4 but tablets or e-readers with similar dimensions will also fit. The dimensions of the finished case is about 19.5 x 26 cm (7.7 x 10.2 inches).
The PDF file also includes patterns for example an iPad mini, iPad air, a Samsung Galaxy tab 3/4 and S2 only these patterns are not so extensively described as for the iPad 2/3/4. But with the included instructions it will be not so difficult to crochet these patterns.
You receive (in English US terms, zipped file):
* PDF file of 21 pages including:
- Information about the method of crocheting (tapestry and Mochila) and some tips
- Information about gauge and how to adjust the pattern easily to your own dimensions (using the provided Excel file)
- Pattern for the iPad 2/3/4, extensively described and illustrated
- Appendices with: information about yarn over and yarn under, how to change colors, patterns for the iPad mini, iPad air, Samsung Galaxy tab S2 9.7 and 8.0 and the Samsung Galaxy tab 3/4 10.1 and 7.0.
* Excel file (zipped file) with the dimensions of some other popular tablets and where you can fill in the dimensions of your own tablet or e-reader. The file calculates the amount of stitches and rows are needed to fit your tablet or e-reader. You can also fill in your own gauge whereafter the file calculates the amount of stitches and rows needed to get the filled in dimensions.
You need 3 colors of (cotton) yarn (needle 2.5 - 3 mm) and from each color you will use about 1 ball of 50 grams (for example: Phildar Phil cotton 3, Lana Grossa Cotone, SMC Catania, By Claire No. 1, Scheepjes Larra of Pingouin Esterel). I have made a combination of beige, ecru and turquoise but ofcourse you can choose your own colors!
Have a lot of crochet fun!
Stitches used: chain, single crochet, increase, back loops only, reverse single crochet (crab stitch), tapestry crochet
Measurement: Adjustable to your tablet/e-reader/notebook
Difficulty: Beginner / Intermediate
This pattern is for personal use. Please do not distribute, reproduce, share or sell this pattern. You may sell finished items made with this pattern provided you credit the original designer.
After your payment you will automatically receive a download link in the mailbox linked to your Paypal-account. Make sure you check this mailbox and its spam-folder. Please check the FAQ for all questions. The full amount of the payment will go to LeafsCreations (the creator of the pattern).